|Image from Creating, Teaching and Sharing with Joey|
- Work many more hours than the ones you are contracted for: Teacher prep days at the start of the year aren't near enough to get your room ready for students and their are no classroom fairies to do it for you, so you spend some of your summertime getting ready for the school year. Then there are the long days at school, the work you take home, the after school and evening school activities, the endless meetings, professional development, and even when you are sick, you have to prep for a sub!
- Spend your own hard-earned money on your students: Many of you buy school supplies for your students - basics like pencils and glue sticks. You purchase teaching resources to enhance your curriculum, or sometimes even as your curriculum because your district either does not supply what you need or what it does supply is inadequate. You pay to go to conferences so that you can become an even better teacher. Some of you even buy food for your students who would not have breakfast without you.
- Care deeply about your students: You love your kiddoes. You do your best to make learning fun and engaging. What you teach them goes far beyond academics - you teach kindness, perseverance, common sense, anger management, social skills, and so, so much more. You worry about your as-risk students, pray for them, and do what you can to compensate for what is often missing at home.
- Work in challenging, sometimes hostile environments: I started to make a list of these, but it is just too depressing, and this is supposed to be a celebratory post. Know you are appreciated.
- Are amazing teachers! You nurture young lives. You create the future. Amazing.
All this and more is why I am so excited to be participating in this Teacher Appreciation Care Package Giveaway with 18 of my blogging friends. Each of us is giving away a teacher care package that includes fun stuff for you, a $25 TpT gift certificate, and possibly a teaching product or two. Enter the Minds in Bloom giveaway below, then use the link up to enter the other giveaways!
The care package I am giving away includes:
- A pretty bookmark because baubles are fun
- Colorful clips to help you keep organized
- A really yummy smelling bar of soap
- A giant water cup to keep you well hydrated
- A picture frame with some encouraging words (or replace it with your own picture)
- A chocolate bar because I can't imagine a care package without one
- 60 laminated Brain Break cards on a ring to keep your kiddoes happy and you sane - I'll email you the product download too.
- A $25 Teachers Pay Teachers gift card to spend as you wish - I'll email you the code so you can spend it on the TpT Teacher Appreciation Sale (May 5-6) if you wish.
- Your choice of any one product from my Teachers Pay Teachers Store, which will be sent through email (not pictured).
- This giveaway is open to all currently teaching classroom teachers living in the US or Canada.
- Giveaway runs May 3-5. Winner will be randomly selected at midnight Eastern time on May 5. Winner will be announced on this post and emailed.
- Winner has one week to reply with address so the the package can be mailed. If the winner does not respond within a week, a new winner will be selected and notified.
Make sure to visit these other awesome bloggers for more chances to win! And don't forget that the Teacher Appreciation Sale on TpT is Tuesday and Wednesday of this week! Use promo code THANKYOU to get up to 28% off!